Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cross country skiing and orienteering, what a fun mix!!!

To all orienteers and potential orienteers:

On January 10th at Laurel Ridge Ski Area, WPOC will offer a ski-orienteering event.  This is orienteering on cross-country skis.  There will be three courses:  one for beginners, one for experienced and one in between.  Registration and starts for the orienteering go from 10 am to 1 pm but the ski area will be open for skiing all day.

If you haven't tried cross country skiing before, Naomi Jarvis will be there to teach beginners starting at 10am.  Ski equipment will also be available to rent from the concession at Laurel Ridge.  I am sending this early notice because I want to give you time to think about coming, and perhaps to pass the word around.  I will send out the usual kind of reminder about 2 weeks before the event and at that time I will ask you to let me know if you plan to come and you want to rent equipment - this is so I can tell the concession people how much equipment is needed.

Laurel Ridge Ski Area is on route 653 between Donegal and Somerset. It is at an elevation of nearly 3000 feet; so I am hoping we will have snow.

Please comment below if you are interested in participating and we can get it organized!!

UPDATE!!! Cost would be 20 dollars for boys and 35 dollars for adults

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is word for word the email that I received. I have responded and I am trying to get more details. At this point I am just trying to see if there is an Interest.

      Delete
  2. Brian Misner is interested. I think his dad is, too.

    ReplyDelete